This Emergency First Aid course is funded by International health organisation and training is free for all delegates. The course covers all aspects of first aid in emergency situations.
All participans that require a certificate will have to pay a fee of £25.
Is this course for me?
It is for anyone that works in a low risk environment where there are minimal hazards or where your risk assessment identifies this course to be the most appropriate. If there are frequent hazards or a higher degree of risk then please consider the full 3 Day First Aid at Work as this course covers a wider range of medical conditions and incidents.
9am – 4pm
On-Site course timings can be arranged to suit your requirements.
What will I learn?
The content of this course has been designed to build knowledge and confidence. It will teach you to recognise and treat various illnesses and incidents correctly and efficiently.
The course covers the following topics:
- Role of a first aider
- Use of equipment
- Importance of recording incidents and actions
- Basic hygiene and preventing cross infection
- The priorities of first aid
- Assessing and managing incidents
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises and small splinters
- Minor burns and scalds