Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
This qualification provides training for those individuals who aspire to, or hold, a teaching role with an extensive range of teaching or training responsibilities, including those in more than one context. It is the recognised full teaching qualification for the sector.
You must have a minimum of 100 hours of teaching practice.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- want the opportunity to explore underpinning theories, frameworks and research into effective teaching and learning alongside developing practical teaching skills;
- are currently teaching and want to have their experience and practice accredited;
- are not currently teaching but can meet the minimum teaching practice requirement of 100 hours;
- are able to undertake a large qualification, lasting one to two years;
- have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of a degree course;
- want a wide choice of optional units to reflect the context in which they teach;
- want a qualification recognised as equivalent to the Certificate of Education qualifications;